Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cut it Out, Sweetheart

We came across this cutie pie! She and her mommy made the most creative snowman I've ever seen.

Dress: Sabo Skirt
Clutch: Lauren Merkin
Earrings: Forever 21
Shoes: Nine West
Rings: Afaze x Guenevere Rodriguez
Scarf: Grandma

Valentine's Day, the holiday of love! I have been looking forward to this day for so long, mostly so that I could wear my dress. This particular holiday makes many couples feel pressured to be romantic and passionate. And for those who are single (including me!), Valentines Day might be a drag; especially after seeing so many of those gigantic, fuzzy, teddy bears and heart shaped chocolate boxes everywhere. But none of these represent what Valentine's Day is truly about. 
Valentine's Day should, instead remind us about all the people we are thankful to have in our lives, as opposed to what/who is missing. Be thankful for the people in your life- your friends, your family, even the stranger who held the elevator door open for you. 

Now onto the outfit...


For a girly and dainty look, I paired this beautiful red dress from Sabo Skirt with my white heels from Nine West. I added black stockings for contrast and, I'm not gonna lie, for warmth as well. For accessories, I put together some rings from Afaze and Guenevere Rodriguez, then I grabbed my metallic polka-dot clutch from Lauren Merkin. Since the back of my dress reveals a good amount of skin, I threw on one of my favorite scarves gifted by my grandmother. The pale pink from the scarf helps to highlight the redness from my dress and it ultimately compliments the outfit itself. 

Have a splendid Valentine's day, everyone. I wish you all the best! 

Credits to my friend Sydney for shooting and editing these photos. I love you, Sydney! 


xoxo,
Nydia