Saturday, August 10, 2013

Subtle Compliments


Top: DIY from a dress 
Pants: Calvin Klein
Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylor
Belt: Thrifted
Jacket: Gift
Bag: Gift

I learned in media class that blue and orange are complimentary colors- meaning they look pleasant when placed next to each other. However, I don't find this to be entirely true in terms of fashion. I don't know if you guys have noticed but complimentary colors usually look tacky when worn together (just imagine someone wearing a violet shirt with bright yellow pants), this is because they contrast so much from each other. With that, I decided to sneak in a splash of orange to go along with my blue top instead of exaggerating the difference between the colors. My black leather jacket adds some texture into this outfit and helps mute out the contrasting colors. Thank you for reading, I'll talk to you guys soon! 

xoxo,
Nydia