Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wherever the Wind Blows


Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last wrote (two years to be exact). I hope that you've been doing well since the last time you've read my content. If you're currently in school, I hope that you're doing well in your academics. If you have a job, I hope that you're growing in experience and feeling challenged in your skills (but not to the point where you feel stressed). I also hope that you're overall at a good place in life.

Since the last time I wrote, I've learned a lot through the adventures I've been so blessed to go on as well as the challenges I've faced. I became a resident assistant, then I studied abroad the next semester. I left the United States for the first time after immigrating here from China and saw the world along with all the beautiful things that it has to offer. I feel humbled to even have the privilege to have experienced such an amazing thing.

Throughout these experiences and changes, I've realized that the only thing that's constant is change. In this journey of discovering myself, I sometimes can't tell if I'm losing myself or discovering parts of myself that I've never noticed before. Some days I feel like I've come a long way, and other days I question why I can't do better. Regardless, it's with the support of my friends (who are like my family) that I feel stable and centered.

Okay, that's enough of me reflecting upon life and being sentimental- let's move onto the outfit! 




This outfit to me gives off a chic, urban, and grungy vibe <- basically my go-to styles. The neon orange beanie and fishnets are fun and spunky while the structured jacket, gold detailed belt, black booties, and turtleneck cleans up the look and makes it look more polished. 



This scarf along with the fishnets gives this outfit some texture as well as added warmth. 



If you ever have the opportunity to visit Brussels, I definitely recommend visiting a thrift shop called Melting Pot Kilo, they charge all their items by weight. I purchased a bunch of stylish pieces (including this fire jacket) for about 30+ euros! It was amazinggg. Shoutout to my girl Susan for taking us there. You really blessed us. :')

Photographed by Bryan Sison

Beanie & belt: H&M
Jacket: thrifted from Melting Pot Kilo (Brussels, Belgium) 
Turtleneck: Hollister
Mom jeans: Pacsun
Booties: Zara
Scarf: Express


Thank you for reading! Love you guys!